Grow in Digital■
The Association for the Educational Application of Computer Technology at the Post-Secondary Level (APOP) is a nonprofit professional association, established in 1982, working to promote the pedagogical integration of IT (Information Technology) into teaching and learning.
For 35 years now, hundreds of volunteers, through their professional contributions and willingness to support our goals, have made the use of IT for academic purposes a reality in Québec’s Colleges and Universities.
- Promote – among its members and across the broader postsecondary education community – the integration of information and communications technologies as pedagogical resources.
- Bring together teaching, professional and support staff and management, as well as all others interested in the development and pedagogical integration of computers and the new information and communications technologies.
- Respond to the need for exchange information, training and professional development on the use of IT in teaching and learning in the education system, particularly at the college level.
- Prepare position papers and make recommendations on all relevant issues pertaining to the academic use of IT at the post-secondary level.
- Encourage research and the circulation of information on pedagogical applications for IT, especially within the College network.
- Participate proactively in committees and working groups to advocate the adoption of strategies encouraging the use of IT for academic purposes in both public and private Francophone and Anglophone institutions across the Québec College and University systems.